- All About Aries Rising in Esoteric Astrology. This is the start of the soul’s journey as it travels through twelve lives of its esoteric journey. From Pisces to Aries, the soul must learn important lessons to cultivate its Read Full Article ».
- Medical astrology (traditionally known as iatromathematics) is an ancient applied branch of astrology based mostly on melothesia (Gr. Μελοθεσία), the association of various parts of the body, diseases, and drugs with the nature of the sun, moon, planets, and the twelve astrological signs.
Medical astrology (traditionally known as iatromathematics) is an ancient applied branch of astrology based mostly on melothesia (Gr. μελοθεσία), the association of various parts of the body, diseases, and drugs with the nature of the sun, moon, planets, and the twelve astrological signs. The underlying basis for medical astrology, astrology itself, is considered to be a pseudoscience as there is no scientific basis for its core beliefs.
Astrological chart. A Yod is a name for an aspect which forms a triangle shape. The two sextile (60° apart) planets are harmonious to each other yet lack intensity, where as the quincunx (150° apart) planet is incompatible to either of the sextile planets, as it shares neither polarity (Yin/assertive or yang/receptive), element (fire, water, air, or earth), or modality (cardinal, fixed,.
Medical astrology and the Zodiac Man diagram associates each sign of the zodiac with parts of the body, from head (Aries) to toes (Pisces). The Zodiac Man illustrates centuries of connections between astrology and human personality, health, sickness, and medical treatments. These associations and the impact of the heavens on the health of humans were believed by both educated elite and average people for centuries.
Medical treatments were related to the zodiac in multiple ways. First, one must consider the patient's personality and constitution that were determined by the zodiac sign of one's birthday. Second, the affected part of the body and its sign must be considered. Third, the time of year or season when the patient became sick and its zodiac characteristics had to be assessed. Fourth, decisions about the best day for bleeding, purging, bathing, sweating, or other treatments were made based on the locations and phase of the moon in the zodiac. Finally, herbs and other medicines had to be selected for treatments while considering their associated astrological qualities. Specialized publications advised readers about the best time of year based on the astrological calendar to gather medicinal plants so they would be the most beneficial.Gemini love horoscope september.
While astrological decision-making was often do-it-yourself, astrological specialists could also be consulted. After examining an individual's natal chart, a medical astrologer may give advice to the client about the areas of the body in which they are most likely to experience trouble.
Esoteric Astrology Software
Medical astrology was mentioned by Marcus Manilius (1st century AD) in his epic poem (8000 verses) Astronomica.
- Cornell, H.L., M.D., The Encyclopaedia of Medical Astrology (1933), Astrology Classics [Abington, MD, 2010.]
- Culpepper, Nicholas, Astrological Judgement of Diseases from the Decumbiture of the Sick (1655) ISBN1-5381-0113-0
- Ficino, Marsilio, Three Books on Life (1489) [De vita libri tre] translated by Carol V. Kaske and John R. Clark, Center for Medieval and Early Renaissance Studies, State University of New York at Binghamton and The Reaissance Society of America (1989.) ISBN0-86698-041-5
- Gailing, Stephanie, Planetary Apothecary, ISBN978-1-58091-191-7
- Heindel, Max & Heindel, Augusta Foss, The Message of the Stars (Part II: Medical Astrology), ISBN0-911274-18-9
- Heindel, Max & Heindel, Augusta Foss, Astro-Diagnosis – A Guide to Healing, ISBN0-911274-06-5
- Nauman, Eileen, Medical Astrology, ISBN0-9634662-2-4
- Ridder-Patrick, Jane, A Handbook of Medical Astrology, ISBN978-0-9551989-0-8
- Saunders, Richard, The Astrological Judgment and Practice of Physick (1677) ISBN1-161-41322-7
- Lilly, William, Christian Astrology (1647)
Esoteric Astrology Pisces Compatibility
- ^See the definition of the Greek term in the LSJ.
- ^'Activities With Astrology'. Astronomical society of the Pacific.
- ^'Objections to Astrology: A Statement by 186 Leading Scientists'. The Humanist, September/October 1975. Archived from the original on 2009-03-18.
- ^Robert Hand. 'The History of Astrology – Another View'. Retrieved 2007-06-19.
- ^Eysenck, H.J., Nias, D.K.B., Astrology: Science or Superstition? (Penguin Books, 1982)
- ^Richard Dawkins (1995-12-31). 'The Real Romance in the Stars'. The Independent, December 1995.
- ^'British Physicist Debunks Astrology in Indian Lecture'. Associated Press.
- ^'Astronomical Pseudo-Science: A Skeptic's Resource List'. Astronomical Society of the Pacific.
- ^Paul R. Thagard, 'Why Astrology is a Pseudoscience', PSA, vol 1. University of Chicago Press, 1978.
- ^Resor, C. W. (June 3, 2020). 'The Zodiac Man: How Astrology Guided Health Care'. Primary Source Bazaar.
Esoteric Astrology Pisces Personality Traits
For the Week of: April 26 - May 02
Esoteric Astrology Pisces Horoscopes
Apr 26, 2021 - This is a week for opening your mind and your ears, Pisces, and letting in whatever the Universe happens to bring your way. Things reach a crescendo early on the 26th, when the Scorpio Full Moon lights up the heavens. This Full Moon will be occurring in your 9th House of foreign travel and higher-education, so if your world has been feeling a little limited lately then consider this your cue from the Universe that it’s time to search out some more wide-open spaces, literally or metaphorically. This might bring a certain issue to a head, so watch out for major conversations occurring now; that being said, this lunation is very harmoniously apsected in related to your sign, so you shouldn’t feel like you’re being brought too far out of your comfort zone.
The very next day alchemical Pluto, the transformer of the zodiac, will hit the snooze button for the next five months as it turns retrograde, turning its deep power inward. Pluto will be backstroking through Capricorn and your 11th House of global communications, so it’s time to examine the way you get your ideas across to people. Do you use your ideas to help others or only help yourself? Pluto can expose some very uncomfortable truths, not unlike Saturn, but they can be even more intense than anything that icy planet can serve up. Where are the issues of inequality in your life, and do you use them to your advantage or use yourself as a tool to right those inequalities? Look inside yourself, Pisces, and figure it out.
The 30th is another red-letter day to keep an eye out for; throughout the day the Sun will align at the exact same degree as rebellious Uranus, also currently roving through Taurus and your socializing sector. While you might be the kind of person to stick to the tried and true, more often than not anyway, under an alignment like this you might be more than a little tempted to break out of any confines you usually let yourself be boxed within. You’re on an extended tour of redefining how you relate with others on a platonic level, Pisces, and that isn’t always going to be smooth sailing. Sometimes rough waves will come your way, but that is no reason you can’t brace the storm and come out stronger on the other side.