The position of Venus in your birth chart means a lot for your personality and love life, according to Allure's resident astrologer. Here's what you need to know about the planet of love's placement. August 30 Zodiac belongs to the first decan of VIRGO (August 23-September 2). This decan is strongly influenced by the planet Mercury. This is representative for people who are caring and affectionate just like Virgo and talkative and sociable just like Mercury. It calculates the precise position of the stars, planets and nakshatras and other astrological details at your date, day and time of birth and the place you were born in. Use our free astrology software to calculate your personal birth chart and get detailed horoscope and predictions. A host of planets align together in the 3rd house, and your communication and networking skills are brought to attention this month. This is a good time to engage with many people and you will be able to connect to them effortlessly, like Mercury, the planet for communication is in the sector for communication.
Lovers born on August 30 are loyal and affectionate. They may not be those partners with whom you party and go on crazy adventures but they sure are those with whom you want to settle. They see a relationship as the union between two souls and are 100% committed once they take settle. They are attracted to intelligent and trustworthy persons whom can offer the same degree of reliability as them. You can conquer the heart of Virgo by being an honest and supportive partner.
In love, they don't settle for less than what they consider it's best for them. They like to progress slowly in love, get to know all about their loved one. When someone catches their attention they are a loyal but pretentious lover, sometimes prone to controlling behavior and fits of jealousy. Creative, freedom lovers, once decided to settle will invest all their attention in their family and they will probably have brilliant children. Some struggle, trial and error will govern parts of their love life but in the end everything will be worth it. They are most compatible with those born on the 6th, 9th, 15th, 18th, 24th and 27th.
August 30 Zodiac people are very attracted to the other earth signs: Taurus and Capricorn as they tend to share the same vision of life. In life, Virgo is constantly seeking for a project lover they can support and help develop and the most suitable to give them this occasion this is the native from Pisces. Virgo is thought to be least compatible with Leo. As for the rest of compatibilities between the other star signs and Virgo, you know what they say, stars predispose but people dispose.
- inHOW TO READ DIVISIONAL CHARTS by Naveen Rana
Introduction: Divisional Charts
Divisional charts are like mini horoscopes which are created by dividing each sign of natal chart (D-1) into a number of sections. For example, an important and widely used divisional chart “dashamsa (d-10) is created by dividing each sign of D-1 into 10 equal parts.
If you don’t know how divisional charts look like, you can refer the image given below which contains Hora(d-2), Drekkna(d-3), Chaturthamsha(d-4), Saptamsha(d-7) and Navamsha(d-9) divisional charts in it.
A Horoscope reading in Vedic astrology is incomplete without the use of Divisional Charts. In fact, many people do a big mistake by ignoring divisional charts completely.
Same divisional charts can easily test the ability of an astrologer because they are complex to understand and there are no standard rules available which can help in their interpret divisional charts.
Even after such complexity, we keep hearing about the use of divisional charts in astrology and special emphasis has been given to them by our sages.
In own words of sage Parashar:
“no conclusion can be made on any horoscope without considering revelant divisional charts”
Now, you all have heard of navamsa chart and you know everyone focuses on it while giving a horoscope reading. Navamsa is also a divisional chart and is also known as minute horoscope which can be referred to check details of every aspect of human life.
Same way all divisional charts are the microscopic version of houses in a horoscope and they provide minutes details which can not be accessed from the natal birth chart(D-1).
For a better understanding of its functions, you can compare a Horoscope to an Outer body of a Car whereas its engine and other important parts are akin to Divisional charts. Without important parts, you can not use your Car effectively and it will be parked in your place with no use.
Without the use of Divisional charts you can not unlock mysteries which lies within a Horoscope.
Divisional charts should be used along with natal birth chart(d-1) then only you can read a horoscope effectively.
Suppose in a Horoscope you want to know about mother, property or domestic environment here, obviously, you will look into the 4th house in Horoscope first. But in order to get a complete view and predictions related to the 4th house, you need to give attention to divisional chart Chaturthamsa ( D-4) which will give you a complete insight on affairs related to 4th house of a Horoscope.
Same way there are various divisional charts which help to churn minute details of different houses of a Horoscope.
In nutshell, Without the use of relevant divisional charts, you can not predict effectively.
This article of mine will lead you to every aspect of the divisional chart and includes following topics:
- Important of Divisional Charts.
- Computation Of Divisional Chart.
- Types Of Divisional Charts & Their Significations.
- Calculation Of Planetary Strength Using Divisional Charts.
- How Divisional Charts Helps In Predicting events.
- How To Read/Study Divisional Charts.
- Common Mistakes In Application Of Divisional Charts.
- Conclusions: Divisional charts are worth giving time
Hopefully, you will be able to incorporate them into your horoscope readings.
Saturn and Jupiter positions are very important to check in Divisional Charts, therefore, check out there latest transit below:
Jupiter transit in 2020
Why Are Divisional Charts So Important?
There are 12 signs in astrology and each sign rises for 2 hours in the eastern horizon which is also called as the ascendant sign.
Now, those who are born in that frame of 2 hours will have the same ascendant sign and there can be hundred thousands of people who have the same natal house and chart(D-1).
Despite that, they don’t share the same destiny and every aspect of their life is different than from others. Not even twins share same destiny or life patterns. Clearly, there is something which creates a difference in the destiny of people even if they share the exact date of birth, time and place.
It happens because of Divisional charts because ascendant of Divisional Charts changes very fast and sometimes even of few seconds of difference can change the ascendant of Divisional Charts completely which leads to different results of Dasha and planetary behavior.
Therefore it is best to deal with divisional charts if you want to pursue astrology seriously.
How To Calculate Divisional Chart?
All divisional charts originate from natal birth chart also known as D-1. Where rising degrees of ascendant decides the ascendant of all divisional charts and same way planetary degrees of 9 planets in natal birth chart decides the position of planets in the divisional chart.
There are two major ways you can construct Divisional charts for a Horoscope:
- With astrology software- it is the easiest way to construct a divisional chart, just put birth details and within few seconds you will get your Divisional charts ready. You can use this navamsa chart calculator to generate navamsa chart.
- Ready made tables- in this method ready-made tables are used to construct divisional charts.
For example, table given below can be used to construct navamsa (d-9) for any horoscope.
Navamsa Calculation Table
Same way for other divisional charts separate tables can be used and you can easily drive the position of planets for that particular divisional chart.
I prefer method no.2 because it allows you to engage with the horoscope and helps to understand the divisional charts in a better way.
But using above two methods won’t tell you the exact longitudes(degrees) of planets in any Divisional chart.
Degrees of planets in Divisional Chart
For finding longitude of a planet in any Divisional chart multiply the degrees, minutes, seconds by the number of the Divisional chart (2 for hora, 3 for drekkana and so on) now leave the completed signs and retain the degrees, minutes, seconds as the longitude of planets for that divisional chart.
For example, if planet Jupiter is at 12 degrees 04 minutes in any sign and we want to calculate the longitude of planet Jupiter in D-7. Here, Simple multiply 12 degrees 4 minutes by 7 and you will get 84 degrees 28 minutes.
Now from 84 degrees 28 minutes remove two completed signs(subtract 60) which will give us 1 degrees 22 minutes and this will be longitude of planet Jupiter in D-7.
Knowing longitude of planets in divisional charts can help you a lot and I will discuss it in my future posts.
Different Types Of Divisional Charts & Their Significations
There are total 20 different types of divisional charts (excluding higher divisional charts D-81, D-108, D-144) which deal with specific houses and significations in a Horoscope and for their effective use, sages have developed four divisional charts schemes where certain no. of divisional charts are studied together.
Divisional Charts Schemes:
- Shadvarga( the group of six divisional charts).
- Saptvarga( the group of seven divisional charts).
- Dasvarga(the group of 10 divisional charts).
- Shadashvarga( the group of 16 divisional charts).
Out of these four, the most versatile and important is Shadashvarga.
Let’s discuss the Shadashvarga scheme along with significations ruled by divisional charts in it:
- Rashi/Natal Chart(D-1)- the basis of all divisional charts and gives the first clue about every aspect of human life.
- Hora Chart(D-2)- used for wealth, speech, and family.
- Drekkana(D-3)- used for co-borns, courage, and strength.
- Chaturamsha(D-4)-used for home, mother, property, destiny and immovable assets.
- Saptamsa(D-7)-used for sex life, children’s and ability to produce children’s.
- Navamsa(D-9)- used for the spouse, married life, luck and it is also known as the microscopic version of the natal birth chart.
- Dashamsa(D-10)- used for the career, professional success, honor, status and demotion.
- Dwadasmsa(D-12)- used for information on parents and lineage.
- Shodasmsa(D-16)-used for general happiness, moveable assets etc.
- Vimshamsa(D-20)-used for spiritual activities, progress in spiritual practices and results of worship.
- Chaturvimshamsa(D-24)- used for achievement in academics, learning and education pattern.
- Saptavimshamsa(D-27)- used for physical strength and stamina.
- Trimshamsa(D-30)-used for miseries, illnesses, and evils.
- Khavedamsa(D-40)- used for auspicious effects in life.
- Akshvedamsa(D-45)- used for general character and conduct.
- Shastiamsa(D-60)- used for judging all aspects of life.
Apart from above mentioned divisional charts, there are few other Divisional charts known as non-parashari divisional charts which are as follows:
- Panchamsa(D-5)- for past life merits, spiritual inclinations and mantra siddhi.
- Shashtamsa(D-6)- for debt, disputes, and proneness to illnesses.
- Ashtamsa(D-8)- for inheritance, longevity, and accident.
- Labhamsa(D-11)- for unearned income, unaccounted money, and speculation.
As you can see above there are many divisional charts and a question can arise in your mind is that which one is most important among them and which divisional chart holds most importance while judging the strength of planets.
The answer to this question is quite simple and one need to look into Vimshopk Bala allotted to each division charts.
In Shodashvarga ( the group of 16 divisional charts) following unit of strength is allotted to divisional charts.
Note: unit represents the Vimshopak Bala allotted to divisional chart.
- Natal Chart(D-1)- 3.5 units.
- Hora Chart(D-2)- 1 unit.
- Drekkana(D-3)- 1 unit.
- Chaturthamsa (D-4)-0.5 unit.
- Saptamsa (D-7)-0.5 unit.
- Navamsa (D-9)-3 units.
- Dashamsa (D-10)- 0.5 unit.
- Dwadasmsa (D-12)-0.5 unit.
- Shodasmsa (D-16)-2 units.
- Vimshamsa (D-20)-0.5 unit.
- Chaturvimshamsa(D-24)-0.5 unit.
- Saptavimshamsa (D-27)-1 unit.
- Trimshamsa (D-30)- 1.5 units.
- Khavedamsa (D-40)-0.5 unit.
- Akshvedamsa (D-45)-0.5 unit.
- Shastiamsa (D-60)- 5 units.
As you can see Natal Birth Chart, Navamsa and Shastiamsa charts have higher Vimshopak Bala and surprisingly Shastiamsa (D-60) have more Vimshopak Bala then any other Divisional chart.
Not just in Shodashvarga scheme, even in dasvarga scheme Shastiamsa is alloted 4 units where as main birth chart(D-1) & navamsa(D-9) have 3.5 and 4 units are alloted to them respectively.
All this proves that following divisional charts should be given more importance:
Measurement Of Planetary Strength Using Divisional Charts
Divisional charts are the basis of planetary strength calculation which is known as Shadbala.
A planet in Divisional Charts can be placed in following signs:
- In its exaltation sign.
- In its own sign.
- In its friend sign.
- In its enemy sign.
- In its debilitation sign.
But since we are dealing with multiple divisional charts here and we would like to examine the combined strength of a planet in many divisional charts. For that, we need some system where we can easily gauge the strength of planets from divisional charts.
To make things easy, sages has given a beautiful and easy method where planets placed in exaltation or own sign in divisional charts is considered as BENEFICIALLY placed.
In this system, a special nomenclature is used for planets which indicate its strength to bestow good results.
These special nomenclatures are as follow:
Note: Varga is used here instead of the divisional chart.
- If a planet has benefic placement in Two Vargas it is known as Bhedka.
- If a planet has benefic placement in Three Vargas it is known as Kusum.
- If a planet has benefic placement in Four Vargas it is known as Nag pushpa.
- If a planet has benefic placement in Five Vargas it is known as Kanduk.
- If a planet has benefic placement in Six Vargas it is known as Keral.
- If a planet has benefic placement in Seven Vargas it is known as Kalpvraksha.
- If a planet has benefic placement in Eight Vargas it is known as Chandan Van.
- If a planet has benefic placement in Nine Vargas it is known as Poorna Chandra.
- If a planet has benefic placement in Ten Vargas it is known as Uchchsevara.
- If a planet has benefic placement in Eleven Vargas it is known as Dhanvantri.
- If a planet has benefic placement in Twelve Vargas it is known as Surya Kant.
- If a planet has benefic placement in Thirteen Vargas it is known as Vidurm.
- If a planet has benefic placement in Fourteen Vargas it is known as Indra Asan.
- If a planet has benefic placement in Fifteen Vargas it is known as Gan Loka.
- If a planet has benefic placement in Sixteen Vargas it is known as Sri Vallabha.
Adopting this method can easily help you to gauge the strength of a planet and you will be able to predict results of Dasha more effectively.GRAB YOUR CONSULTATION
How Divisional Charts Helps In Predicting events?
While judging any horoscope we always look into Dasha to predict the outcome of any Dasha.
The first step here is the condition of Dasha Lord in natal chart(D-1) and based on that some broad conclusions are made. Now, to get into more details we need to look into Divisional Charts where lordship of Dasha lord and its placement is divisional charts are checked thoroughly using standard rules of astrology.
Now, to get into more details we need to look into Divisional Charts where lordship of Dasha lord and its placement is divisional charts are checked thoroughly using standard rules of astrology. It may happen that Dasha lord is debilitated or afflicted in the natal chart but in Divisional Charts is strong and well placed. In such a case, your prediction for certain dasha will not be correct because attention was not given to divisional charts.
Make sure you use them in your all horoscope readings.
Libra horoscope personality female in urdu. So far we have covered different types of Divisional Charts, its importance, methods of computation and their usages.
Now the most important topics which are required to discuss is rules for examination of divisional charts or in simple words we need some guidelines which can help one to read divisional charts.
Though there are different rules for each Divisional Chart but there are some set rules which are universally applicable to all divisional charts.
Let’s explore these rules along with examples.
How To Read/Study Divisional Charts?
- Treat all divisional charts as a normal birth chart and apply all standard rules of astrology on them including aspects, yoga, raja yoga and dhanyoga. The Greater number of Raja Yoga or other kinds of auspicious yoga like Gajakesari Yoga etc will make that particular divisional chart strong and good results related to that divisional chart will come to pass. For example, rajyoga in D-12 indicates wealthy parents whereas Dhanyoga there shows loving and caring parents.
- The key rule of unafflicted ascendant Lord is also applicable here and for good results, ascendant lord of any Divisional chart should not be afflicted. Ideally, it should be placed in Trine or Kendra houses then only good results concerning that divisional chart will be realized. For example, a strong and unafflicted ascendant of navamsa (d-9) assures happy married life.
- This rule is about the exception to rule no.2 where planet Mercury in 8th in any divisional chart is considered as good same way Mars in 6th house of any divisional chart whereas Venus in 12th house of navamsa and Saturn in 8th house of D-8 is considered as good.
- The effects and results of yoags present in divisional charts operate throughout life but strong results will be felt during dasha of planets involved in such yogas. For example, Gajakesari Yoga in navamsa indicates a wealthy and spiritual spouse but its results will be more pronounced during dasha of either Moon or Jupiter.
- A planet placed in 6th, 8th or 12th house in natal chart and again remains in dusthana houses in the divisional chart will not gives auspicious results for that divisional chart.
- A planet placed in 6th, 8th or 12th house of either natal birth chart (D-1) or navamsa chart(D-9) when becomes ascendant lord of any divisional chart will lead to bad effects concerning that divisional chart.
- Vargottama lagana for any divisional charts gives very auspicious results. For example Vargottama lagana of D-10 will make native very work oriented and success will come to him easily.
- A combust planet or a planet defeated in planetary war will not give auspicious results in any divisional chart.
- A planet in its debilitation in any divisional chart will give good results only when cancel of debilitation is achieved by that planet.
- Exaltation of ascendant lord of D-1, D-3, D-9 and D-12 will make native long live, same results will come to pass if they are placed in own or friends signs.
- Planets in 3rd and 8th house of any divisional chart does not perform well for that divisional chart. For example Dasha of planet placed in 3rd house of dashamsa(D-10) will lead to retirement from job.
- Placement of the karaka(significator) of a divisional chart in ascendant of the divisional chart will work like karaka bhava nasho and bad results of that divisional chart will be felt. For example, Mercury in ascendant of D-24 will spoil education, Venus in ascendant of D-9 will spoil the marriage. Same way Sun or Moon in ascendant of D-12 will not prove good for parents and Jupiter in ascendant of D-7 will prove bad for progeny.
- Stress will be caused in matters related to that divisional chart when Rahu-Ketu or 8th house lord from the natal birth chart(D-1) is placed in ascendant of that divisional chart.
- For timings of events, sub period of well-placed planet in a divisional chart should be selected. For example, exalted Moon in 4th house of D-4 will lead to the construction of house during Dasha of planet Moon.
- As per B.P.H.S “the division falling in signs owned by the lord of the angles from the arudha will be considered as good divisions”
- When the ascendant lord of any divisional chart is combust in the natal birth chart (D-1), then the good results if that divisional chart will not happen in native life.
The above-mentioned rules are very important and work all the time and from my own experiences, I have felt that people get scared to use divisional charts which lead to wrong predictions in astrology.
You should never hesitate to use divisional charts and try to find new ways to utilize them properly.
How To Calculate Planet Position In Horoscope
But there are certain errors which comes into play while using divisional charts which I will discuss now.
Common Mistakes In Application Of Divisional Charts
How To Find Planetary Position In Horoscope
This particular topic has to be covered here because in the excitement you may start using divisional charts and due to errors confusions will bound to happen.
- Birth Time Error: this is the main and most prominent factor which will lead to failure of usages of divisional charts. Divisional Charts by nature are very time sensitive and most of the time ascendant sign can change within few minutes and which will lead to complete different analysis. To avoid such mistakes you need to rectify birth time which comes with practice.
- Bending of astrology rules: this is also very common because people tend to change the standard rules of astrology as per their convenience. It should be avoided at all cost and best is to stick with principals laid in the classic of astrology like B.P.H.S, Phaladeepika etc.
Conclusions: Divisional charts are worth giving time
Divisional charts are the soul of astrology, they allow us to dissect a horoscope at a very minute level and brings wonderful results which are not possible by using natal chart alone. If not all, at least divisional charts like drekkana(d-3), navamsa(d-9) and dashamsa(d-10) should be analyzed and mastered properly because they deal with important life affairs, have higher Vimposhak bala and have a major say in results of dasha, without them astrology is incomplete.