Why Marriage Compatibility ?
Marriage is not just a ritual but is the first step towards building a new society. Hinduism is not a religion, it’s a way of life. Ancient rishis and saints were great scholars and astrologers. They have built a science that calculates the influence of planetary motion and energies in the universe on human life based on the time and place of their birth. This is not a subject that evolved in a day. It took several centuries along with an enormous concentration and observation of stars and planets and calculating their motion. Every stage of life is always related to the phases and motion of planets.
Jupiter signifies husband in a women’s chart as per Vedic astrology. So Jupiter and planets associated with it should be checked for getting some hints about husband Profession astrology. In Nadi astrology Mars signifies husband. So we need to check both Jupiter and Mars. In case of male, Venus signifies wife. Placement of Venus is important for beautiful wife prediction in vedic astrology. Venus is the Love and Mars is the Energy. That is why when Mars and Venus are connected in a Chart, it makes the Person very Passionate. Venus and Mars is the most important planet when considering Conjugal Life in Marriage astrology. Romantic & Loving Husband or Wife. Mrigashira Nakshatra in Astrology. According to the Vedic Astrology, the planet Mars is the ruling planet of Mrigashira Nakshatra whose symbolic head is Deer. As Deer are always sensitive, anxious, and suspicious about the surrounding, so are the natives of Mrigashira Nakshatra.
Pisces man traits, love compatibility, tips to make a Pisces man fall in love, and his best kept secrets! A top Kasamba astrologer gives you the tips you need.
Indian marriage system is considered as one of the most influential marriage systems as it not only involves two individuals but also their families. The system believes in harmonizing two individuals for ultimate eternity. The system supports the husband and wife to pursue dharma, Ardha, kama to ultimately attain moksha (emancipation). The most important feature of a Hindu marriage is that it is irreversible.
The traditional marriage system includes strict implementation of guna ponthana and the match was made with an age gap of 5, 7 or 11 years. This not only avoids ego clashes but grahas also move into different rashis with time. Jupiter and Saturn move by five and two rashis respectively and hence have good Kona stithi (planetary angle) making the marriage more compatible.
Horoscopo diario abc. But the current marriage system involves lesser age gaps 1 or 2 years and hence the improper interactions between rashis affect the relationship for example there would be some phases where husband and wife both are aggressive and some other stages in life when both of them undergo a difficult phase. The specified age gap of 5, 7 or 11 years ensures if one of the partners is aggressive at particular times, the other is calm and peaceful (according to their match of grahas) and many similar instances where both of them balance each other.
Transformation is an essential part of life. A study conducted by us concluded that along with traditional guna ponthana, the western system of marriage compatibility should also be taken into consideration. We also follow western marriage compatibility for deeper analysis. According to us, checking for marriage compatibility is choosing a better option from those available (just like we chose between a blade, knife, and a saw).
What is Marriage Compatibility ?
Marriage compatibility is essential for a fruitful, harmonious, and peaceful family. As marriage is a foundation for a better society, it should be strong. And a strong marriage depends on the nature of individuals getting married which depends on their upbringing and their horoscope (called kundali). Hence compatibility of grahas (planets) called Guna ponthana is essential for a fruitful marriage.
It is said that marriages are made in heaven. God makes a person perfect by giving them a life partner who can transform their life. The togetherness of a society depends on the strength of the marriages.
Traditional 36 guna ponthana for a better marriage
Natal Horoscope or Kundli of girl and boy are matched before proceeding towards marriage. There are eight aspects in the birth chart (called koota) which have certain points and in total, they are 36 in number out of which at least an 18-point match is required to proceed further.
- Jaati / Varna: It determines the propensities of individuals marrying. As we know there are four varnas Brahmana, Kshatriya, Vaishya and Shudra. These show the spiritual compatibility of the guy and girl and the effect of their ego on the relationship. A maximum of one point is allotted to this category.
- Vashya: It ascertains the person who dominates the relationship. It calculates mutual interaction/attraction and the equation of marriage.A person comes under any of the five categories
- Nara (Human),
- Vanachara (Wild animals like lion, tiger),
- Chatushpada (Small animals like deer),
- Jalachara (Sea creatures like fish) and
- Keetaka (Insects).
The nature of the persons is determined by the nature of the animal they represent and hence balance in the relationship is calculated. It is allotted a maximum of two points.
- Tara: Tara is the birth star. There are 27 stars starting with Ashwini and ending with Revathi. This indicates the total lifespan of the relationship. It determines the way they both understand and tend to each other. This gives a maximum of three points.
- Yoni: This measures the level of intimacy and mutual love in the relationship. This determines the way the man and wife approach each other after marriage. The bonding and mutual approach in the relationship. This is classified into 14 animals, which are Cow, Dog, Cat, Rat, Horse, Lion, Sheep, Snake, Buffalo, Tiger, Elephant, Deer, Mongoose, Monkey. For example, if one of them is a cat and the other is a dog, it indicates a constant fight between them (Both the animals are enemies). A maximum of four points is given by this category.
- Graha Maitri: This decides the compatibility in the family life i.e., mental compatibility, natural friendship, affection, and bonding in the family. It also indicates the moon’s sign compatibility between the couple. It contributes to a maximum of five points.
- Gana: Gana indicates the temperament and behavior differences in the couple. There are three ganas: Deva (god, indicates satva guna – light, bliss, and goodness), Manava (Human, indicating Rajo guna – passion and motion) and Rakshasa (Demon, indicating Tamo guna – inertia and darkness). This indicates the interpersonal relationship among the couple and their approach to saving and maintaining their relationship. Six points (maximum) are given by the elements of gana.
- Rashi: This is determined by the position of boy’s planets in different houses with respect to the girl’s birth chart. This is a sign of love and emotional attachment in the marriage. Twelve zodiac signs are considered for matchmaking and marriages are approved between the compatible signs. It is also called as Bhakoota and gives a maximum of seven points.
- Nadi: It is related to the physical and mental health and reproduction of the couple. It is said that individuals with similar nadi mustn’t marry as the children may face physical and mental troubles. Three nadis are Aadi Nadi (Vata), Madhya Nadi (Pitta), and Anthya Nadi (Kapha). It is most crucial in matchmaking as it contributes to a maximum of 8 points.
Guna Ponthana is really important in determining the nature and compatibility of marriage. Out of 36 points, the number of points to be attained determine the compatibility of the marriage are
- <18 points – not recommended for marriage (Poor)
- 18 to 24 points – Acceptable match (Average)
- 24 to 32 – Best match (Above average)
- >32 – Excellent match (Ideal) – Very rare
Kuja / Mangala Dosha is not considered in koota or guna ponthana. The match should be made only if both the bride and the groom have an almost equal amount of mangal dosha in their horoscope. A mangalik and a non-mangalik match are not recommended.
There are exceptions in the way Kuja dosha affects marital life. To know more about Kuja Dosha, visit Kuja Dosha page
Marriage compatibility or Kundli matching of the bride and groom would only let them know the obstacles in their marital life. According to me, marriage is a complete package that comes with pros and cons. Accepting everything and facing the world together binds the couple in an inseparable bond. Though marriages are made in heaven, and individuals are responsible to fill the journey of togetherness with bliss.
Vedic Astrology Chart Calculator
To determine marriage compatibility, the following details are essential.
- Date, time, and place of birth – In traditional astrology, the calculation changes every 2 minutes. While the difference in birth time (known vs actual) by 4 minutes varies the prediction by a year in case of western astrology.
- Life events – Considering one or two past life events of a person’s life, a reverse astrological calculation should be done to know the accuracy of birth time if any difference or mismatch astrological rectification for accurate interpretation should be done.
- Marriage time – In jataka, 7th place indicates marriage with 2nd and 11th houses supporting better family and happiness in life. Using both traditional and western techniques for predicting marriage time ensures accuracy. Further, the life in the next five years and pleasure in marriage can be known.
- Love and tradition – The combination of both love and marriage is also predicted by the 5th and 11th houses of planets. Different combinations indicate variations in love life like breakups, inconsistent relationships, etc.
Parameters contributing to a successful marriage
- Attractions – Shukra (Venus) and Kuja (mars) are responsible for the attraction between the partners. For example, Venus in mesha of one partner and mars in midhuna, simha or dhanur, makes ardha-kona or tri-kona between the grahas which leads to attractions in the relationship.
- Exchange of views – Exchange of views indicates both partners understanding with each other. Budha (Mercury) is responsible for understanding and exchange of views. Good planetary aspects with Shani (Saturn), chandra (moon), and Brihaspati (Jupiter) supports the matching of wavelengths.
- Bonding / Supporting each other in critical situations – Solar and lunar planets Ravi (Sun) and chandra (moon) should be in good angle when we compare both horoscopes together which results in matured thoughts and makes partners support each other in crucial situations.
- Family attachments – As marriage is a union of two families, the partners must be compatible with the families of each other. Shani and chandra in girl’s jatakam indicate mother-in-law, Ravi, and Shani indicate father-in-law. These planets indicate the bonding of the girl with her in-laws.
The good angle between Shani (Saturn) of boy and chandra (moon) of girl makes the relationship stronger making an emotional bonding in the family.
- Nullifying each other’s negative qualities: The negative qualities imparted in a person due to the planetary positions in their horoscope can be nullified by the presence of relevant planets at the required positions in the horoscope of the partner.
- If Jupiter and Mars have bad aspects among each other it causes logical thinking failures.
- Bad aspects between Shani, Ravi makes the person bold.
To nullify their negative qualities we have to encounter those aspects from the other partner’s horoscope
- 7th house is related to marriage, comparison by overlapping boy and girl horoscopes together 7th house should not be connected to any malefic, as it will give negative results based on the planet.
Husband In Vedic Astrology Horoscopes
- Sun connected to the 7th house results in ego problems.
- Mars connected to the 7th house results in quarrels.
- Saturn connected to the 7th house results in disappointments.
Though the guna ponthana and other aspects match, both should have upcoming 5 years of positive progressive aspects in their chart as per western astrology to ensure happy and stress-free marital life, when the negative aspects in one of the partner’s horoscope are not annihilated by the horoscope of the other, the compatibility is disapproved and the match is not recommended.
Note: Our marriage compatibility tools only check 36 points guna ponthana online and also generates western progression charts of both bride and groom, it will allow scope for an astrologer to analyze all at one place.
In case of any issues (bugs or miscalculations), you can report at our forum
If you are unable to find your birthplace, you can start the discussion mentioning the longitude and latitude details. we will add location into our software
To provide your valuable feedback and design-related suggestions, start a discussion
We’ll take all your feedback to make the software more efficient.
Since time immemorial man has got an insatiable thirst to peep into the future. Everything starts in time and ends in time. The reasons are manifold. Some take the help of Astrology to increase their quality of life in a material sense and others in a spiritual sense. Some are after bhoga (sense pleasures) and others are after yoga (spiritual pleasures). The ancient seers of India wrote a long time back certain tenets by which an individual could maximize his/hers potential and live with peace and prosperity.
Vedic Astrology can help one fine one's true destiny and can help get riches both spiritual as well as material. Whether the query is to start a new enterprise or marriage-Vedic astrology can help. Vedic astrology is based on the movement of the moon and hence more exact than solar astrology that is in vogue in the west. The moon stays in a rashi (sign) for only 2 and a half days whereas the sun remains in a sign for a month. Similarly our daily conditions do not remain the same.
They change as the moon changes its position and the same goes for our moods too. Therefore lunar astrology is far superior when it comes to prescribing remedial measures for adverse planetary influences than solar astrology. Consider the following example:
20 Year periodicity in co relation between death of American Presidents and adverse Jupiter-Saturn conjunctions is given below:
|1840||W.H. Harrison died in office from pneumonia|
|1860||Abram Lincoln was assassinated|
|1880||James .A. Garfield was shot to death|
|1900||William Mackinely died later during his term of office|
|1920||Warren Harding died in the White house|
|1940||Roosevelt died in office|
|1960||Kennedy was shot dead|
If you still think that there is no co relation among the above data then nothing can convince you but Vedic astrology attributes it to adverse Jupiter-Saturn conjunctions. So the question that arises is CAN VEDIC ASTROLOGY HELP YOU? THE ANSWER IS A DEFINITIVE YES! Now it depends on your own mental faculties whether to take it or leave it.
Explore the pages of this web site and discover a new meaning of India and Vedic astrology.
!!! Good News - Astro Journey has again been rated number one for content by Astro Journal for fourth consecutive year. Thank you all for your good wishes !!!
Gems are being widely used as a popular astrological remedy as a remedial measure to counteract adverse planetary affects. Gems have their own power of attracting an individual by their brilliance and beauty. The ancient seers of India called them as ratnas (jewels) and used them to help an individual native. Though they are many gemstones lunar astrology advocates the use of 9 stones to counteract the adverse effect of planets. Consider Newton's Law of gravitation: F=Gm1m2/r2And think whether gem stones affect an individual or not. Gemstones should be carefully selected after determining planetary positions in one chart, ascendant (lagna), planetary cycle and the moon sign. Careful selection of gem can bring about prosperity, mental peace and success. Kindly see the following table about the 9 gemstones described in the ancient Shastras (Divine Books):
|Gemstone||Indian Name||Representing Planet||Activity|
|Ruby||Manik||Sun||Excellent for rulers, leaders, people involved in government work|
|Pearl||Moti||Moon||Good for mental peace, controlling anger, mood swings|
|Red Coral||Moonga||Mars||For strength, valour, energy and vitality|
|Yellow Sapphire||Pukhraj||Jupiter||For spiritual thoughts, Spiritual advancements, and good luck, knowledge, academic success, gain of an upright husband|
|Emerald||Panna||Mercury||For mental activities. Good for accountants, business managers, scientists, doctors, public speakers and those involved in mental pursuits|
|Blue Sapphire||Neelam||Saturn||For countering the ill effects of Saturn. For wealth. Riddance from bad dreams. For excellent fate. Very strong stone. Shows its +ve or -ve effect in 3 seconds, 3 minutes, 3 hours or 3 days. Should be worn with caution after proper consultation.|
|Diamond||Heera||Venus||For domestic bliss, attraction, good things of life, curing genital diseases. Good for actors and stage performers, attraction and sexual powers|
|Zircon||Gomedh||Dragon's Node||Good for mental balance, stability. Excellent for people involved in any kind of political activity|
|Cat's Eye||Lehsunia||Dragon's Antinode||For counteractive the adverse effects of Ketu. For occult advancement|