- Ketu Astrology Calculator
- Ketu In Vedic Astrology
- Rahu In Vedic Astrology
- Ketu Horoscope
- Ketu Astrology In Tamil
- What Is Ketu
- If Ketu is auspicious or benefic in this house, the native will be laborious, rich and happy, but will.
- Ketu is a headless, half planet, the south or descending Node of the Moon also called the tail of the dragon. It is a shadow planet as it is invisible and is just a point in the cosmic arrangement. It is the karaka of Moksha, the reason of liberation.
- Posted on July 9, 2019
- Category : Astrology information, AstroTalk, learn astrology
Ketu, the South Node of the Moon means a 'sign', or a 'banner' in Sanskrit. If Rahu is the planet of worldly desire, then Ketu is the planet of otherworldly desire, or spirituality. Ketu represents the spiritual process of evolution, or the refinement of materialization to spirit. Ketu is considered a shadow planet in Vedic astrology. As a planet it always remains in retrograde state. In such a situation, it has a deep impact on the native. Ketu is considered a cruel planet in astrology.
Ketu is a shadow planet in the south node of the moon, whereas in Vedic Astrology it holds a very significant meaning because it signifies isolation, seclusion, introvertedness, solitary confinement and so on. Ketu is headless which makes him not see the world the way other planets see it. For him, the darkness is the light. It represents all the things that the native has already accomplished in the past life so he won’t obsess over them in this life.
Ketu imparts spiritual tendencies and non-attachment to the worldly desires and ambitions. It is also a half-planet that bestows the native certain psychic abilities and makes them master the creative aspects of life along with bringing wisdom and the knowledge of the self to the native
In case, you don’t already know where Ketu is placed in your Birth Chart, Click here to make your free Kundli and come right back to know how it affects you and your whole life.
Read further to find out how the planet of mysteries, detachments and hardships affects your life.
Ketu in 1st House-
- The first house or Ascendant is the house of self. It is associated with the overall personality of the native, both in the inner and the outer shell. Basically the head of the person, physical appearance, character, temperament, strengths and weaknesses are represented by this house.
- Ketu in ascendant gives the native a dynamic and magnetic personality. These people like to travel a lot to fulfil their sense of adventure in life.
- If Ketu is well-aspected in this house, it makes the native hard working, wealthy and blessed. But he is always concerned and anxious because of his children.
- The native should keep himself away from the bad company. There’s also tendency that the native might become self- centred and greedy at times. An afflicted Ketu in the 1st house might also affect native’s health and stamina.
Ketu in 2nd House-
- The second house in Vedic astrology is mainly concerned with the immediate family and possessions with the native. Along with the native’s earning skills and capacity. Speech and intake of food are also seen from this house as it represents the throat.
- If Ketu is well aspected in this house of native’s Kundali, it makes the native a well-informed and knowledgeable person. These are the people who tend to have a way with word and are quite expressive.
- However, in the case of afflicted Ketu in this position, it might bring about problem in learning things and speech disorders like stammering etc.
- Ketu itself is the planet of detachments. Its presence in the second house might make the native detach from its immediate family. These people are likely to struggle to have a good relationship with their family.
Ketu in 3rd House-
- The third house is associated with self-expression, siblings, relative, neighbours and native’s immediate environment. Plus, it also signifies Native’s courage, short trips or running errands etc.
- Ketu usually shows favourable results to the native when positioned in the 3rd house. The native tends to be renowned, wealthy and successful in his life.
- Travelling for the native proves to be fruitful and productive. Hence, they get to travel a lot and are likely to have good earnings from it. The native also likes to take part in spiritual and religious activities so that he could attain fame and name in those fields.
- Although, when in case of afflicted Ketu in this house, it complicates the native’s bond with its siblings. There’s also a tendency that the native might have to spend on a legal complication with his siblings.
- It can also make native’s relationship with his colleagues and associates a little hostile he should give a proper attention in order to preserve a good relationship with the people around.
Ketu in 4th House-
- The Fourth house represents Native’s childhood, mother, motherly love and nourishment, home, real estate, early childhood and the way they’re likely to treat their family.
- With Ketu in the 4th house, there’s a possibility that the native will move away from his native place to a foreign land as Ketu represents detachments and 4th house is the house of home and native places ruled by the moon. And Moon doesn’t share a friendly bond with Ketu.
- Because 4th house also represents mother and motherly love, Health of native’s mother tends to be a matter of concern in native’s life. In some cases, the relation with the mother may also not be very pleasant and warm.
- Other aspects of the 4th house like peace of mind, happiness and matters related to family and property also tend to be a matter of worry in native’s life and should be properly taken care of.
Ketu in 5th House-
- It’s the house of pleasures. This house represents how the native likes to express himself creatively and what they consider as fun. It is also associated with the children, intelligence of a person, the knowledge of politics.
- The native usually has a special inclination towards philosophical learnings. These people have a bent towards matters concerning religions and spirituality. These people might even get involved in research of such subjects.
- Presence of Ketu in the house of mysticism and occult render the native a tendency to bend towards matters concerning occult sciences and in some cases, black magic too.
- Progeny might become one of the concerning issues in the native’s life as it might cause delays in the childbirth or might lead to miscarriages or abortions.
Ketu in 6th House-
- This is the house of conflicts, wars, diseases, enemies. It also indicates the kind of services the native provides for humanity, it describes the way the native is going to be fruitful for the society.
- Placement of Ketu in the 6th house may make the native prone to accidents and injuries. This position might cause lots of obstructions and obstacles in the native’s life.
- Nevertheless, these people have the ability to rise above all the difficulties and attain success through their hard work and sweat.
- If Ketu is badly afflicted in this position, the native might possess an intense attitude too. Such a person can also get involved in any criminal or fishy activity. This is also an inauspicious placement of Ketu for maternal relatives as it might cause a lack of peace and happiness in the family.
Ketu in 7th House-
- 7th house is the house of legal bindings like marriage, business partnership, sexual relationship, laws. It also represents other people, like your public life.
- Ketu’s placement in the 7th house is not considered very auspicious in the Vedic astrology. It can bring about some chances of hardship in the native’s life regarding marriage and partnership.
- The native might have a non-communicative and secretive partner. The marital life of the native might suffer because of certain health issues affecting one’s sexual life.
- There could be frequent conflicts, misunderstandings and arguments between native and his partner which could further lead to separation as Ketu depicts detachments. Besides, there’s also a chance of more than one marriage.
- This placement is as unfavourable to the business partnership as well. There could be conflicts between business partners or the partnership may not flourish and produce profits.
Ketu in 8th House-
- The 8th house in Vedic astrology represents marriage, corporate resources and the property or money inherited. It’s also the house of hidden matters like taxes, occult, mysticism, death and rebirth.
- Placement of Ketu in the eighth house shows a lack of auspiciousness and happiness. Native may face hurdles in earnings and financial matters. However, it shows good results regarding the mystical side of life.
- These people are strongly inclined towards unearthly realms and there is a good likeliness that the native will opt Astrology or occultism as a profession.
- This position also makes the native vulnerable to injuries due to weapons, heat, animals or insects. This person might even undergo some sort of surgeries too. However, they can expect some sudden wealth gains.
Ketu in 9th House-
- 9th house is the house of religion, spirituality, house of your teachers, law and the house of your father. It also signifies long journeys like pilgrimage, fortune and luck.
- Ketu represents inclination towards liberty and freedom. Its placement here in the house of pilgrimages, luck, fortune, spirituality and higher learnings accents that nature of Ketu and the native travel more and more in order to amplify his spiritual and philosophical learnings.
- The native tends to be a very religious person who is dedicated and likes to take their dedication seriously towards their religious beliefs and values.
- This placement, however, Is not considered very favourable for the native’s father as they could face difficulties in their health. The native also might not share a very friendly and warm bond with his father.
Ketu in 10th House-
- In Vedic astrology, 10th house is considered as the house that represents career or profession. It shows if the person will achieve fame and grandness in his life. It is also the house father.
- Presence of Ketu in the house of career, wealth and intelligence makes the native have a deep approach towards his family as well as his life.
Ketu Astrology Calculator
- Native has a very strong personality and tend to gain power, good status, and wealth in his life with the well-aspected Ketu in the Kundli. These people have the propensity of acquiring knowledge and they tend to earn a lot of fame throughout their life.
- Having great influence on people can give them an upper hand even to their enemies which help them lead the business. Their temperament nevertheless kind of lack positivity and pessimism.
Ketu in 11th House-
- The 11th house is a strong indicator of sudden wealth and gains. It represents prosperity, sudden income and good wealth. This is also the house that depicts one’s social circle.
- When Ketu is placed in the 11th house, it mostly gives positive and favourable outcomes in the native’s life. It provides the native many sources of income flow and such a person never loses hope in the hardest times.
- The native is likely to be a religious person and with the help of his spirituality and his faith, he has the ability to come out stronger out of difficult times. The person tends to be kind and charitable and most likely to be famous because of his nature and devotion towards his work.
- The native is perfectly suitable for an administration job as they can easily handle any odd situation and may lead the organization strongly.
Ketu in 12th House-
- This is the house of secrets, fears, the subconscious mind and isolated places. It also represents liberation and detachments from the materialistic desires of life and indicates native’s strong inclination towards spirituality.
- This position may bring positive results in a native’s life. Because Ketu is also considered as the natural significator of the 12th house. The person tends to have an introverted personality with a spiritual bent of mind.
Ketu In Vedic Astrology
- Native is driven towards enlightenment and erudition as their ultimate goal in life. There’s also a tendency that the native might incline towards seclusion as they enjoy isolation and use aloofness at work to maintain focus and avoid drama.
- Presence of Ketu in this house also indicates the tendency of native to develop an interest in the subjects like occult and mystical science. Plus, these people also tend to grow in such fields and become one of the greatest occultists and astrologers with the well aspected Ketu.
This analysis here offers just a little portion of the whole picture, to know more you also need to see the positions of other planets in your horoscope.
Each planet has a distinct impact on you, depending on which house and sign they reside in. So as to seek out where they are located in your natal chart, you can use our free Kundli Maker.
Rahu In Vedic Astrology
28,347 total views
Tags: Ketu, Ketu in each house, Ketu in your kundali, rahuketu
Past Lives, or Rebirth as it is often referred to, is not a theory in Hindu culture; it is a fact. Generally we have amnesia about out past lives, but with the help of Vedic Astrology we can get some clues about where we came from, and how that past is influencing our present circumstances.
One of the best techniques for examining the past life is through the analysis of the placement of Ketu in the natal astrology chart. Ketu is the South Node of the Moon, one of two eclipse points: crossover points of the path of the Moon with that of the Sun, as seen from the Earth. Ketu is known as the ‘inlet point’ for past life karmas. Here the word karma is referring to past life completed actions. The prior activity of the soul comes through in this lifetime as unconscious behavior patterns, naturally familiar due to the prior experiences. The past life actions have created a ‘groove’ in the soul’s memory. Thus, in this life, we are prone to fall back into that groove.
Opposite Ketu is Rahu, the North Node, which is considered to represent the karmas (actions) that have to be encountered in this lifetime for the soul’s continued education. The relative strength of Ketu vs. Rahu has to be determined to tell whether the person tends to ‘hang out’ in the old, familiar, past life behaviors, or else embraces the new lessons shown by the Rahu position. Additionally, at different times in one’s life one or the other of the Nodes will be emphasized, most notably during the Dashas (the planetary periods) connected with that node, but also through activation from other planets when they transit over the natal nodal positions. The activation of Ketu brings up unresolved issues from the past. The activation of Rahu makes us confront dilemmas related to what we are becoming in this life’s incarnation.
If we wish to take a more active part in our soul’s evolution, and move forward in this life, it would be good to understand more about our past life. We can become aware of where we are repeating the past; where we fall back into the old groove. The Houses of the chart correspond to specific different areas of human activity. Thus, the house position of Ketu in your Vedic Astrology chart will tell you something of what activities in the former life were a dominant concern.
For instance, if Ketu is placed in the 3rd house of everyday survival, then running around doing errands, keeping busy with the affairs of close relatives and neighbors, and promoting oneself to others with gossip, etc., are familiar activities that one tends to naturally fall into. In this case, Rahu’s placement would indicate that the lessons of the opposite 9th house: the pursuit of higher knowledge, practice of religion, relationship with father and guru, are areas that need development. If the reverse is true, where Ketu is in the 9th house, then one has a tendency to study scripture, hang out in an ‘ivory tower’, and/ or stick to a religion or philosophy inherited from the past life. Rahu’s corresponding position shows the 3rd house with its practical everyday requirements, cooperation with others, and development of mundane skills to be what one has to focus on this time.
Ketu Astrology In Tamil
Which is the best online astrology site. The sign that Ketu occupies gives us clues about the qualities of the person we were in the former birth that become natural inclinations in this lifetime. These qualities are particularly obvious while we are young: the past life is still fresh in the soul’s memory. The opposite sign position of Rahu shows what qualities and attitudes the soul seeks to learn to express in this birth. If Ketu is in Sagittarius, then you come in with a strong belief that your own way is best, that your own freedom to act comes first, and so feel threatened by anything that comes from another’s reality. What you need to learn is to become more ‘Gemini-like’: to be interested in gathering more data, cultivate an interest in other people’s truths, and to enjoy the exchange of ideas. Another example: if you are born with Ketu in Virgo, the past life was given over to the examination of details, with a need for exactness, getting everything right, and an attachment to order and routine. This lifetime you need to become more Piscean: be aware of the universal consciousness, surrender to the Higher Power, and trust what can’t be measured or controlled.
What Is Ketu
A more detailed analysis of the relative strength of Ketu vs. Rahu is necessary to determine which house and sign position tends to predominate in one’s life, and what potential issues will arise from the imbalance. But by simply knowing our own chart’s nodal locations we can become more aware of unconscious behavior patterns inherited from the past birth and thus see more clearly what we have to overcome to continue on our path.